Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Encounter

Walking through the garden, trying to calm myself down, I stop and take a deep breadth. I could hear soft footsteps coming up behind me. Afraid to see who it was I turned around. Lifting my head I knew instantaneously that i was right to be afraid, because in front of me stood Zendara. I didn't think it was possible but her shimmering green gown clung even tighter to her curvaceous body than it had before. I feigned at drunkenness, swaying slowly and nearly falling over, so i could avert my eyes from her alluring form. As i pretended to fall I could feel her there helping me to stand up.
"Calton, it seems the wine has gotten the best of you tonite."
"I didn't want anyone to see me like this, that is why I left."
"I was wondering why you scampered away so fast, and that was why I came to see if something was wrong."
"I am just a little drunk, nothing a good nights sleep won't cure."
"I can see that now, but since I am already out here, let me help you to your room, you can lean on me. We wouldn't want anyone to see you fall over climbing the stairs back to your room."
"Thanks for the offer, but I think I am well enough to make it on my own."
"Stop being so prideful, and take the offer. Everyone can use a hand every now and then."
Before I could say another word she was beside me putting her arm around my waist. It wasn't an arm to support me, this was a more sensuous hold. Then her other arm swung around me, and she stood directly in front of me, pulling me in closer to her. She was about my height and so when she leaned in towards my ear it was very easy for her. I could feel her breadth on my cheek.
"Cal, I saw you looking at me. You can have me you know, all you have to do is take what you want. You are Prince, and I am your servant, use me however you please."
I could feel the blood rising me, this women excited me. I knew Raea was back in my room, but here in front of me was a women everyone dreamed about, a goddess among the Sunvern, and she was offering herself to me. This seemed like it was a dream, but I knew it was real, and I knew that I could not take her offer as much as I wanted to. Just attempting to walk away from this was the hardest thing I have ever had to endure. Then I felt a familiar pull at the edge of my thoughts. Was Zendara trying to control my thoughts. Quickly I tried to remember what little Raea had taught me about shields. I needed something to block her, something that could override my lust for her. Then it came to me, emotions were the key. That was why only Raea could train me, because i had no stronger emotion than my love for her, and if I could suppress the connection I had with her I could block anything. Using the basic training technique of centering oneself, I took it a step further and tried to ignore the sensation of her hands on my waist, the soft touch of her breadth on my cheek. I blocked these things out and concentrated on the flame of life inside of me. I fed all my emotion and physical sensations into the flame, and then pushed it all away. A weird sensation washed over me and I felt a clearness of mind that I have never felt before, but I also felt an emptiness. I felt cold and alone. Zendara must have noticed the change in me, I could feel her let go and back away.
"How did you do that, no one has ever resisted me before."
Straightening myself up, I looked at her and began to walk away. I could feel a sturdy hand on my shoulder.
"Don't you walk away from me Calton, you will give in to me."
Shrugging her hand off my shoulder one word came out of my mouth, "No!." I almost wanted to turn to see the look of shock I knew was on her face, but I would not give her the satisfaction, and continued to walk away.
"This is not the end Calton, one day you will succumb to me, one day I will possess you mind, body, and soul."
I could feel the anger in her voice, it almost thickened the air around me, but I could not stop. I needed to get away from here. She was still trying to gain control of my mind, I could feel her pushing at my shield. I quickened my gate and headed up the long staircase towards my room. I needed to see Raea, needed to figure out what I did, but I could not even feel my love for her. I had shut myself off to everything. Is this what she wanted me to learn, or did I do something else. I broke into a run heading to my room as fast as I could.



This is a shorter post but It was a good end point and I am also putting some work in on my actual novel, so I wanted to save a little bit of my creative flow for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment